Sunday, October 26, 2008

Routes..

Sunday, a relaxing day for all 'coz guys need not to work today. Everyone loves sunday, so do I. I can use my day to rest at home in the morning, and out for supper at night with my parents. So fo me, I love Sunday so much. Weariness can be washed away with a great shower. Calm down our mind, and start thinking. I love this poem "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost. I'm sure that we've learnt this poem before, probably during our form1 or form2 English Literature study. This poem has its own idea an its idea is good to all of us. I read this once again from Wikipedia today.
The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.


Robert Frost

Everyone likes a smooth route to travel by--no one likes grassy roads as they are hard to reach and pass through. So most of us, when we come to the start of our university life, we all stand and observe the trend of study. Many of us chose to be a doctor, dentist, lawyer, engineer, accountant in the future as all this professions will not extinct. They have their chances to keep their career alive even the world's economic is dying 'coz everyone needs them. And it comes to the chance for all to study these professions in our country or out of the countryside.


Well, I've thought of these professions before. As my result does not allow me to do it in the future, I've to give up all the professions. But it's okay, Just like Frost says, " I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." I'm sure that I like the course that I have chosen and I want to live with it together. This is the route less travelled by. But still, has a chance to make some changes to the whole world and the human race. I'll keep the first route and travel the second route, just like Frost does.
KahHoe Ng a.k.a chaxiu
12.57pm

No comments: